GET YOUR MONEY - UNCLAIMED FUNDS!

To provide free information and stories about the search and retrieval of unclaimed property.

Name:
Location: Milford, PA, United States

Monday, November 24, 2008

Bailout? Liquidate Unclaimed Property First!

I recently wrote to the Secretary of the Treasury, Henry M. Paulson, for the second time.

I wanted to propose that a concerted effort be made to liquidate the unclaimed property rolls before providing any additional bailout/stimulus funds. It was my contention that by releasing those funds first that this would provide some stimulation to the economy. The second suggestion was to add an incentive for the states to also have a vested interest in liquidating the funds and that would entail a reciprocal dollar value be returned to the states for every dollar distributed. I felt this would double the impact of the one dollar distribution and that would get the local economies moving again.

I recognize that a project of this type would not be an easy undertaking but I believe that the impact of the federal government spending $30-$40 billion dollars to get $60-$80 billion dollars of economic impact seems like a pretty reasonable way to get the economy jump started.

I hope that Secretary Paulson takes my suggestion seriously or that he at the very least passes my suggestion to the next administration because I think that there are enough funds to provide some relief during this very difficult time.

Thanks for listening!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think WE need a bailout. So I did some research and found tons of great bailout's for us that no one talks about.

Check out current bailouts for us.
Bailout Types for 2009

November 25, 2008 at 1:45 AM  
Blogger Dan in PA said...

I think the American people need some relief also. My point was that I believe we should begin giving them back their money first and then look at what we need to add before giving away billions with no accountability.

Anyway thanks for providing the additional website information.

November 27, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home