GET YOUR MONEY - UNCLAIMED FUNDS!

To provide free information and stories about the search and retrieval of unclaimed property.

Name:
Location: Milford, PA, United States

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mutual of America

Recently, I was looking at the New York state website and decided to search for a former employer of mine. Many years ago I worked for a life insurance company called Mutual of America.

That was the organization that introduced me to the concept of unclaimed property. As a member of the financial reporting group, I was asked to perform a reconciliation of the general ledger account that housed the unclaimed property. My reconciliation was successful and the knowledge I gained was useful. It was a great learning experience.

So I was curious if MOA would have unclaimed property that belonged to them. Sure enough a number of claims appeared. So I contacted MOA and spoke to a very nice administrator who investigated what I was telling her as we were having our telephone discussion. She was amazed to find that there were claims due to MOA and she told me she was going to contact the NYS Comptrollers office to find out the process of how institutions with numerous claims can easily request settlement without having to process each claim individually.

I hope she will add a comment at some point because I am curious about how the situation was resolved.

If you have any old employer stories, please feel free to add them to the comments section. I'd love to hear your story.

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home